Areas of Practice:
- Family and Matrimonial Law
- Domestic Violence Matters
- Divorce and Legal Separations
- Dissolution of Domestic Partnerships/Civil Unions and Same Sex Marriages
- Non-Dissolution Matters Involving Parties That Were Never Married
- Child Custody
- Relocation out of the State of New Jersey with a child
- Visitation and Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Alimony & Palimony
- Division of Assets - Equitable Distribution
- Pre & Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Adoption and Kinship Legal Guardianships
- Children's Educational Needs
- Modification of Custody
- Parenting Time
- Child Support Modification
- Increase or Reduction/Termination of Alimony
- Enforcement of Custody
- Enforcement of Child Support
- Enforcement of Alimony
- Post-Divorce Matters.
Joseph Maceri, Esq. is a partner at Snyder Sarno D'Aniello Maceri da Costa LLC and manages the firm’s Hackensack office. He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a matrimonial attorney.
He received his Juris Doctorate from Michigan State University, College of Law and received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from William Paterson University of New Jersey. Mr. Maceri also studied comparative constitutional and international law abroad at the University of Toronto, in Toronto, Canada and at Oxford University, Magdalen College, in Oxford, England.
After receiving his Juris Doctorate, Mr. Maceri served as a judicial law clerk for the 2002-2003 court term. He clerked in the Family Division for the Honorable Sebastian Gaeta, Jr., J.S.C., Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County Vicinage. Upon completion of his judicial clerkship, Mr. Maceri entered private practice and continued his focus on family law and related matters. He was also included on Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers list in 2017-20201, including Thomson Reuters New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 list in 20204. He was previously included on Thomson Reuters' Rising Star list from 2011-2015.2 Additionally, Mr. Maceri was also selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward White's The Best Lawyers in America; in the field of Family Law each year since 2018.3
Mr. Maceri is a member of the New Jersey Bar Association, Bergen County Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association Family Law Committee, and the Bergen County Bar Association Family Law Committee. He is a barrister for the Barry Croland Family Inn of Court and volunteers as an expert panelist for the Passaic County and Bergen County Superior Courts for the Early Settlement Programs. Mr. Maceri is also a member of New Jersey Association for Justice.