John J. Trombadore, Of Counsel
Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
Certified by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as a Divorce Mediator
The practice of Law is a noble profession that should serve the highest ideals to which a society aspires. The practice of Law is also a business that becomes more complex each year. Family law demands a constant balancing between business goals and professional responsibilities. As a former Chairperson of the District XIII Ethics Committee, business goals never take precedence over professional ideals in Mr. Trombadore's divorce practice.
John Trombadore has earned a reputation among his peers and clients as a distinguished matrimonial attorney and successful mediator. Mr. Trombadore has played a significant role in the advancement and improvement of divorce and custody law in New Jersey over the past four decades.
John Trombadore currently devotes a substantial portion of his time to divorce arbitration and mediation. Divorce mediation is a voluntary and non-binding alternative to litigation that offers the parties an opportunity to settle their financial disputes and child custody issues outside of the court system. A divorce mediator must be skilled at evaluating how a judge would decide certain issues and capable of bringing the parties to an equitable settlement. Such a mediator can create tremendous value for the parties by avoiding substantial attorney fees and preventing stressful litigation and trial. Mediation also eliminates the uncertainty of how a judge ultimately would resolve the dispute.
More Information About the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers:
Awards, Recognitions, & Professional Associations
- Recipient of the prestigious Tischler Award honoring a lifetime of service dedicated to the improvement of Family Law
- Selected and appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to create a Matrimonial Law Certification Program. Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court as Chairperson of the Matrimonial Certification Committee
- Licensed to practice law in all New Jersey courts as well as the Federal District Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court
- Past member and Chair of The Rules Subcommittee of the New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee
- Former member and Chair of the District XIII Ethics Committee
- Past Chair of The New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section
- Former Chair of The Somerset County Matrimonial Committee
- Former Senior Editor of The New Jersey Family Lawyer
- Former editor of The New Jersey Lawyer
- Frequent lecturer at continuing legal education programs statewide on all family law topics.
- Mr. Trombadore's notable clients have included boxer Mike Tyson in his divorce from actress Robin Givens; auto executive, John Z. DeLorean, in his divorce from model, Cristina Ferrare; former Lucent CEO Richard McGlnn; Elizabeth McGraw Webster of McGraw-Hill; Cissy Houston, mother of the late Whitney Houston; former Bell Labs President William O'Shea; Nicole Murphy, wife of actor Eddie Murphy, and numerous doctors, lawyers and other professionals.
- Angelo Sarno
- Edward S. Snyder
- Jerry S. D'Aniello
- Joseph V. Maceri
- Paul M. da Costa
- Stacey A. Cozewith
- Scott D. Danaher
- Adelaide Riggi
- Laura Guinta Gencarelli
- Daniel B. Devinney
- Julie R. Katz
If You Have a Case, Give Us A Call Today!973-274-5200