John J. Trombadore, Of Counsel
Diplomate of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers, Emeritus
Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Law Attorney
Certified by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers as a Divorce Mediator
The practice of Law is a noble profession that should serve the highest ideals to which a society aspires. The practice of Law is also a business that becomes more complex each year. Family law demands a constant balancing between business goals and professional responsibilities. As a former Chairperson of the District XIII Ethics Committee, business goals never take precedence over professional ideals in Mr. Trombadore's divorce practice.
John Trombadore has earned a reputation among his peers and clients as a distinguished matrimonial attorney and successful mediator. Mr. Trombadore has played a significant role in the advancement and improvement of divorce and custody law in New Jersey over the past four decades.
John Trombadore currently devotes a substantial portion of his time to divorce arbitration and mediation. Divorce mediation is a voluntary and non-binding alternative to litigation that offers the parties an opportunity to settle their financial disputes and child custody issues outside of the court system. A divorce mediator must be skilled at evaluating how a judge would decide certain issues and capable of bringing the parties to an equitable settlement. Such a mediator can create tremendous value for the parties by avoiding substantial attorney fees and preventing stressful litigation and trial. Mediation also eliminates the uncertainty of how a judge ultimately would resolve the dispute.
Mr. Trombadore has successfully mediated to resolution numerous complex divorce and custody matters. He has received recognition for his listings as a "Best Family Law Mediator" and "Best Family Law Arbitrator" by The Best Lawyers in America, New Jersey Monthly Magazine and New York Magazine for years 2007-2012 [only seven attorneys listed].
Additionally, U.S. News and World Report has ranked Mr. Trombadore in its highest "Tier 1" category for New Jersey Divorce Mediation, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Family Law for 2012.
Legal Assistant: Aria Hajzeri
440 Route 22 East, Suite 170
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908) 927 - 0200 | Fax: (908) 927 - 0207
- Angelo Sarno
- Edward S. Snyder
- Jerry S. D'Aniello
- Joseph V. Maceri
- Paul M. da Costa
- Stacey A. Cozewith
- Scott D. Danaher
- Adelaide Riggi
- Laura Guinta Gencarelli
- Selected by his peers and through independent research as one of the "Top 10" lawyers in the State of New Jersey across all fields of law,Super Lawyers and New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2006 [New Jersey has over 80,000 licensed attorneys]
- Selected by his peers and listed as a "Best Family Lawyer" in The Best Lawyers in America, New Jersey Monthly Magazine and New York Magazine, 1998-2012. Listed in the "Best Family Law Mediation" and "Best Alternative Dispute Resolution" categories, 2007-2012
- One of only 100 lawyers nationwide granted membership as a Diplomate of The American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- Nominated by his peers every year consecutively since 1993 for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Peer review rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell in 1979 and has maintained this status in good standing to date
- Recipient of the prestigious Tischler Award honoring a lifetime of service dedicated to the improvement of Family Law
- The only divorce attorney in New Jersey to have held three certifications from the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Attorney, Criminal Trial Attorney and Matrimonial Law Attorney
- Certified as a Family Law Mediator by The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Licensed to practice law in all New Jersey courts as well as the Federal District Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Past President of the New Jersey Chapter
- Past member and Chair of The Rules Subcommittee of the New Jersey Supreme Court Family Practice Committee
- Selected and appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to create a Matrimonial Law Certification Program. Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court as Chairperson of the Matrimonial Certification Committee
- Former member and Chair of the District XIII Ethics Committee
- Past Chair of The New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section
- Former Chair of The Somerset County Matrimonial Committee
- Founding member of The Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance
- Former Senior Editor of The New Jersey Family Lawyer
- Former editor of The New Jersey Lawyer
- Frequent lecturer at continuing legal education programs statewide on all family law topics.
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Mr. Trombadore's notable clients have included boxer Mike Tyson in his divorce from actress Robin Givens; auto executive, John Z. DeLorean, in his divorce from model, Cristina Ferrare; former Lucent CEO Richard McGlnn; Elizabeth McGraw Webster of McGraw-Hill; Cissy Houston, mother of the late Whitney Houston; former Bell Labs President William O'Shea; Nicole Murphy, wife of actor Eddie Murphy, and numerous doctors, lawyers and other professionals.
"I was involved in a VERY complicated and tumultuous child custody, divorce, domestic violence case for two full years. I was fortunate enough to be represented by one of the top matrimonial teams in the state of NJ, and the outcome in my case exceeded my every expectation." - Former Client"Paul personally stood by my side and represented me throughout my injury case. Whether it was business at hand, advice, or a late night phone call to help me understand what was going on; he never took a step back towards helping me. I knew that I could call on him at any time . My case was very successful and I attribute that to Paul's dedication . He even came to me during a snow storm when I could not make it to his office. I certainly would recommend him to anyone." - Former Client